Sunday, November 13, 2016

PERMISSIONS - PART 24

When telling someone else’s story If you do an article in which you tell someone else’s story, the publisher may ask for a signed permission slip from the subject giving permission for the story to be published. Such a slip should say something similar to the following: “I, ______, do permit the following story to be published (include title of article if available). To my knowledge the story is true and accurate in all details.” It should be dated and include spaces for name address, phone, and signature. You should then verify the story discreetly and attach the permission slip to the manuscript when you submit it. When including anecdotes/case studies of individuals in a larger work Send a release form that says something like this (adapt to particular situation): “I have read that portion of your (book/article), entitled __________, in which you mention my name and relate my experiences. I hereby give you permission to use my name and this information in this context.” It should be dated and include spaces for name address, phone, and signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment